Serving in NOM

Experiences Elder Jones has shared while serving in the Nebraska Omaha Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Transfers


Today is transfers! Sad news! I'm leaving Grand Island! :( I'm heading to Norfolk! With Elder Alvizo. He's native from Mexico! :D Elder Ragsdale and I were super bummed, but we were both grateful that we got to serve together for a transfer!
    It's been a long difficult week for me to. I've had a lot of personal struggles and frustrations, but like Pres. Eyring spoke in Conference, they were just more mountains for me to climb, unfortunately I was not exercising faith in Christ like I should have and I'm certain that's why I struggled. But I'm doing better now.
        I've really grown a lot this transfer. Elder Ragsdale has really helped me see some of the most simple principles and the great power they have. I've grown to talk WITH people and not TO people. It's amazing to me how much more naturally the Spirit flows when you talk with people. We've found a lot of new investigators this last week. One sweet miracle happened! We have a lost sheep here who hasn't come to church for a very very long time. Like 20 years. We were teaching her and her daughter, we invited them to church. She told us of her past experiences. We discerned her needs and promised her that the sooner she came to church the sooner the wall keeping her from that peace will soon leave. She came to church!! :D
I'm excited to head up to Norfolk, I'll still be a District Leader up there. I've heard some awesome things about Norfolk, that's also tornado country up there! :D
 Just like you said you feel there are some good changes and things coming up, I feel the same. As always, I am still nervous because it's a new area and a new companion. 
I hope this insight from President Eyring's talk can help with bearing trials and even the stresses through the day.
 
"It is never too late to strengthen the foundation of faith. There is always time. With faith in the Savior, you can repent and plead for forgiveness. There is someone you can forgive. There is someone you can thank. There is someone you can serve and lift. You can do it wherever you are and however alone and deserted you may feel.
I cannot promise an end to your adversity in this life. I cannot assure you that your trials will seem to you to be only for a moment. One of the characteristics of trials in life is that they seem to make clocks slow down and then appear almost to stop.
There are reasons for that. Knowing those reasons may not give much comfort, but it can give you a feeling of patience. Those reasons come from this one fact: in Their perfect love for you, Heavenly Father and the Savior want you fitted to be with Them to live in families forever. Only those washed perfectly clean through the Atonement of Jesus Christ can be there."
Today is my 4 months left mark. I'm 20 months old. Don't get trunky on me :), I know the time is flying and I keep praying and hoping that I do what Father needs me to wherever I go. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment