Serving in NOM

Experiences Elder Jones has shared while serving in the Nebraska Omaha Mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 22


     Pres. Uchtdorf mentioned in the Ensign how he tells all the missionaries whether they are new or just starting their missions that they are just in the middle! I'm trying to keep that focus ;)
 About faith changing and growing, I feel that is what has happened with me on my mission. I thought I had faith, but I have really felt a huge increase of faith through my mission experience, Heavenly Father has really blessed me, along with you. I'm just amazed on how he does that. Reminds me of Elder Holland's comment in General Conference, "surely the thing God enjoys most about being God is the thrill of being merciful, especially to those who don’t expect it and often feel they don’t deserve it." What a marvelous thing it is for Him to be merciful, loving, and kind, but doing it perfectly! He's blessed me so much it's ridiculous. But I thank Him for it.
       The area is doing good. We have a lot coming our way in potential. We have a baptism coming up! :) Yay! Bro. D is doing awesome.  Recently our meal hours are changed and we're back to the handbook rules which says we can eat at any time but we have to be out by 6.  Translating is a neat experience in sacrament meeting. I find myself praying while I translate, some people use words that are complicated to translate lol. But it's getting better, Sis. Jimenez last week came up to me and said that was a great translation. She does not speak English, but I think my translation was really good this week!  
    When ever my companion and I are eating , he tells the members I want more, I try to plead my case but they just put more on my plate. :) haha, but I haven't gained! :D That roof was a lot of fun, we actually taught their next door neighbors through our service. :D Service brings blessings!  I know now more than ever that God lives and He supports us in our trials and our afflictions. He helps us grow through those trials. I know the Scriptures are true. They are truly an iron rod for me in my life, to grab on to guide me through life, I know Jesus Christ is the Savior, I know He loves me and you, He is our Leader and Guide. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment